Renault EuroDrive Frequently Asked Questions

France - Germany - Holland - Italy - Portugal - Spain

Renault Leasing 2019 Season Rates

Click here for International Driving Permits (IDP) Information Page

O1/. Can My Spouse / Partner Drive the Vehicle ?
Your husband, wife, your children and your parents can drive the vehicle at no extra charge if they are at least 18 years old, have a valid driver's license for the countries in which they drive, and if they comply with the same tax-free regulations as you do. (This law has no effect on the vehicle insurance, which covers all drivers regardless of the relationship to the registered owner)

NB: Partners can also drive the vehicle if your relationship has been officially recognised or if they sign an official sworn statement.

2/. What are the Additional Costs?
The Renault Eurodrive Program is a tax free sale with buy back agreement. After you pay for your lease in your home country, your only other costs are petrol/diesel. Tolls and Motorway charges are not included.

3/. Where can I drive my vehicle?
During the entire length of your Renault Eurodrive contract, you have multi-risk insurance with no excess and roadside assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week managed by Renault Eurodrive Assistance.

Your vehicle is covered in 42 European countries:

Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Vatican.

You are no longer insured after the validity date of your insurance certificate, neither if you drive in a country not mentioned in the list above.

Morocco and Tunisia are no longer covered by Renault Eurodrive insurance/assistance.

4/. Please explain the Tyres fitted to the lease vehicle.
All vehicles are supplied with standard tyres. Snow tyres are only available by private purchase. If you decide to purchase your own snow tyres you must return the vehicle with the original tyres. Snow chains cannot be pre ordered with Renault. We suggest after collection of vehicle purchase your own set at the nearest Hypermarket or Car Accessory Store. Tyre punctures and tyre and wheel damage of any kind are at the leasee's expense.

Note: Standard tyres may not be suitable for winter road conditions and extreme weather in various countries throughout Europe. For safety reasons, it is the responsibility of the contract holder to ensure that their car suits the road, weather conditions and the legal requirements for road safety throughout the countries where the car will be driven during the term of the contract.

5/. Does the Insurance cover my Luggage?
No. But you can sign up for a personal belongings insurance when you place your order with your Renault Eurodrive representative.

6/. What Documents will I need to collect my car?
You will need to have the following on you - your Renault Eurodrive contract - an international driver's license – a valid passport. If you have asked someone else to collect the vehicle, make sure you give this person written authorization.

7/. Can I pay a supplement to be Insured in countries other than those you cover?
No. Unfortunately no geographical extension to the insurance contract is possible.

8/. What happens if I Decide to go anyway?
If you decide to visit a country not covered by our insurance/assistance you are fully liable and must pay all expenses resulting from a breakdown or other problem.

9/. Can I return the vehicle to another centre tahn the one initially planned?
Yes, absolutely. You must simply contact the centre of your choice at least 72 hours in advance to make an appointment. See the Travel Booklet given to you with your travel documents to get the phone number and opening hours of the centre along with a map.

10/.Can I choose the colour of my car?
Unfortunately, we cannot promise to provide a particular colour. However, Renault tries to make sure its vehicles are in the most popular colours of the day.

11/.In winter, do vehicles come with snow tyres?
No. Our vehicles have all-weather tyres all year round.

12/. What documents do I need to cross borders in Europe ?
The documents you are given when you take deliver of your car - the vehicle registration document (grey card), car insurance and Warranty booklet and your identity papers (Passport, international driver's licence) suffice to cross European borders. However, you may need to purchase a special disc to travel in certain countries.

13/.I smoke Cigars, Is It a problem?
You are free to smoke in the vehicle as long as no damage is done (seats burnt, stains, etc.).

14/. Is It possible to have the vehicle delivered or picked up at the end of the contract?
We unfortunately can only deliver vehicles to Renault Eurodrive delivery centres. French legislation prevents us from driving your vehicle.

15/. Do I Need an International Driving Permits?
Some European countries accept an Australian driver's license; however, most countries will require an International Driving Permit. Click here to find out more Information. This is used as a legal identification document and has the information relating to the Australian driver's license translated into 11 foreign languages.

The International Driving Permit is used as a supplement to the Australia driver's license and you need to obtain it before your departure.

16/. Can we choose the colour of the Car?
Unfortunately, we cannot promise to provide a particular colour. However, Renault tries to make sure its vehicles are in the most popular colours of the day.

17/. Can you inform us about road tolls in Europe?
There are toll roads throughout Europe and the way they "work" varies. In most countries you pay as you exit the toll road - with the piece of paper obtained when entering the toll road telling the toll booth where you entered.

Switzerland charges a fee for the use of motorways (green road signs). The vignette, which is a sticker applied to inside of the windscreen, costs a flat-rate price and is mandatory for motor vehicles. Vignettes can be purchased at customs offices at most border entries. also obtainable at post offices, petrol stations, automobile associations and railway stations. They are valid from 1 December until 31 January of the year after the following year. is a fabulous web-site giving the road traveller a wealth of infomation.

16/. What is the price of Diesel / Petrol in Europe?
Diesel is generally a little cheaper but remember the fuel savings with Diesel. Usually about a third more distance out of a tank of Diesel than Petrol. CLICK HERE for the latest rates.


Top of Page

Drive Travel Copyright 2019 All right reserved